Shared, door-to-door, autonomous electric mobility with privacy will revolutionize the public transportation and replace a majority of private cars.
A substantial reduction of traffic and fossil fuel use will result in huge improvements of environment and life in cities.
Public transportation systems today have many limitations and problems that make it less attractive for the majority of travelers. Even in a country like Sweden, with well developed public transport systems, people choose their private car for more than 80% of the daily trips resulting in traffic congestions, pollution and accidents. The major issues are:
- The distance from the starting point to the nearest bus/tram stop and from the last stop to the end destination, in most cases by walking..
- Often it is necessary to change to another bus/tram, adding waiting time and weather exposure.
- Sharing a limited space with other passengers reduce the possibility to work or relax and entails exposure to airborne infections.
- Total travel time is typically much longer than by private car, in Sweden the average is 68% longer
- Children can have problems with using public transport alone, also elderly and people with minor disabilities not qualified for special transportation service, making private car the chosen alternative.
With these obstacles the authorities in cities and regions have real problems to reach their goals for reduced traffic. Electric drive is the key to sustainable transport. CabiBUS is a compact electric minibus with 3-4 doors on each side for a total of 6-8 passengers. It's more convenient, safe, reliable and environmentally friendly than any other means of travel. It's also suitable for children and persons with disabilities. CabiBUS can be produced in vastly larger volumes than buses and trams, which provides economies of scale and low cost per seat. It's truly a game changer in public transportation.
CabiBUS enables cities to move toward a model of on-demand mobility in which citizens can take advantage of clean transportation options that meet their immediate needs. CabiBUS with one passenger compartment (cabin) for each passenger is a truly innovative vehicle. It is the prerequisite for a public transportation solution that provides unique advantages against existing systems.
Looking 100 years back when planning 17 years ahead for the public transportations?
Ser 100 år bakåt när man planerar kollektivtrafiken 17 år framåt. Enbart urgammal teknik som spårvagnar, linjeburna bussar (Koll2035) och en mycket omtvistad pendeltågstunnel (Västlänken) i satsningen för 50 Miljarder.
Nissan and DeNA introduces Easy Ride, a future robo-vehicle mobility service.
A very good illustration of the CabiBUS system but with one BIG difference: The low-cost Nissan-DeNA taxi service model will bring a devastating increase of traffic in cities.
Real ride-sharing, that replaces most of the taxis and private cars, is the only way forward to reduced traffic and fossil free mobility.
And to make ride-sharing in driverless vehicles so safe and comfortable that it attracts all types of passengers, individual cabins, as in CabiBUS, is the solution.
© Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved.